INSTRUCTIONS FOR TREATMENT WITH EFUDEX
In the Evening
- After gently washing, rub Efudex on the specified area(s).at least two hours before bedtime for 21 consecutive nights.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nostrils and mouth. Wash your hands as soon as you have finished applying the Efudex Cream.
In the Morning.
- Wash all areas gently with a mild cleanser (Vanicream Cleanser).
- Apply Vanicream SPF 30 or 60 sunscreen liberally to these areas each morning and throughout the day to keep areas moist and help alleviate discomfort, even if you do not intend to be out in the sun.
- Avoid sunlight as much as possible. Wear a hat and sunglasses.
Men – You may shave "carefully" if you do not have thick crusting scabs. Shaving may cause additional discomfort and possible bleeding.
Women – Wearing makeup to cover the redness will not deactivate the Carac but it may sting and look worse if the areas are flaking.
Continue using the Vanicream 30 or 60 sunscreen or other recommended sunscreen even after treatment! Prevention is the best medicine.